Please see News page regarding rehoming working Labs
Field Trials 2017
1. The trials shall be run under Kennel Club rules and be conducted in accordance with
Field Trial Regulations.
2. The trials are open to Any Variety Retriever as defined in Kennel Club Regulations
3. The trials are as defined in Kennel Club Regulations J2d (1,2 & 3)
4. Members have priority in the draw. Members may make separate entries for each
Novice or All Aged Stakes but having been successful in one will rank below
unsuccessful members in the draw for the second Novice or All Aged Stakes
5. Withdrawals after the draw will be treated in accordance with regulation J6e
6. No substitutions will be allowed
7. If paying by cheque, separate cheques please for each entry and each registration fee
8. All trophies are held for one year, engraved at the winner’s expense and it is their
responsibility to return the trophies, cleaned, to the Field Trial Secretary in good time
for next year’s trials
9. The club reserves the right to refuse entries
10. Should circumstances so dictate, the club, in consultation with the judges, may
alter arrangements as necessary. Such changes and the circumstances surrounding
them must be reported to The Kennel Club at the earliest opportunity
11. No modification will be made to this schedule except by permission of The Kennel
Club, followed by advertisements in the appropriate journals if time permits before
closing of entries
12. The order of running will be the order drawn and the draw will only be sent to those
who supply a SAE
13. The date, time and location of the meet will be included with the draw results
Please click here for the club’s Guidance Notes for Field Trials & Working Tests
FIELD TRIALS 2017
All start at 9.00am
September 30th. 12 Dog Novice Field Trial at Wyton Partridges near Hull.
An interesting shoot in roots and cover crops with spaniels working just in front of the line. Very flat ground so good spectating for the gallery.
Judges are Sarah Coomber- Smith, John Day, Geoff Dobb, Tommy Sagar
Entries close 6th September. Draw 9th September 2017
For details and draw result click here
October 9th and 10th. 2 day Open Qualifying Field Trial held at The Wortley Estate, South Yorkshire.
We are excited to have been invited to run at this estate who have not hosted a Retriever Trial before.
A wonderful mix of ground is available. 08.30 for a 09.00 start.
Judges are Mick Newsham, Keith Helliwell, Graham Jones and Brian Baker.
Entries close 15th September. Draw 18th September. 2017
Entry by FTMS or download entry form by clicking here
Wortley Estate Shoot regret that they have had to cancel this Field Trial due to a shortage of game. The club have made strenuous efforts to find another venue and below are details of the new venue
Mon/Tue 9/10th Oct Open Qualifying Field Trial
Emblehope & Burngrange Estate, Tarset, Hexham, Northumberland NE48 1RX
Directions to the KC Emblehope Estate, Northumberland NE48 1RX
The Estate is best reached from the village of Greenhaugh, postcode NE48 1PW.
Take the A68 from Corbridge travelling in the direction of Jedburgh. 16 miles north is the village of West Woodham, and a further 3.6 miles is the junction with the B6320 ( 30 min from the meeting point ) Take this road in the direction of Bellingham and Kielder.
3.7 miles on the B6320 turn right onto a minor road signed Greenhaugh and Black Middens Bastle. There will be Green & Yellow KCFT signs and 3 Ridings signs from here.
The Kennel Club will also try and put out additional signs for anyone approaching Greehaugh from a different direction on minor roads.
Pass the Holy Bush Inn on your left and follow the KCFT & 3Rs signs. This is a single track road with passing places, continue for 3.4 miles passing Black Middens Bastle and the clay shoot shortly before arriving at The Comb. Her take the forestry road which is readily passable by 2 & 4 wheel drive cars. 2.2 miles on pass through the Emblehope Estate boundary and on a further 5 miles to the meeting point.
This is not an urban area! Competitors are advised to carry a map and not rely on satnav.
The ground in varied rough heather and bracken moorland with white ground and strong walking boots will be better than rubber wellingtons.
I will be staying at the Holy Bush Inn from 8.00pm 8th to 8.00am 9th October and urgent messages can be left on 01434 240 391.
October 24th. Wykeham. 16 dog novice Field Trial.
Judges are Glynn Coupar, Phillipa Williams, Kevin Butler and Paul Hassney.
One of our most established trials, expect heavy entries at all events.
Entries close 29th September. Draw 3rd October 2107.
For details and draw result click here